Whenever, you decide to go to market, to buy mattress, you must have enough knowledge about the product characteristics and features. With the advancement of technology and availability of so many different types of mattresses, the customers may get confusion while choosing the product of their need. This article is especially worth for those people who want to get rid from ill-reputed spring coil foams.
Memory foam mattresses and air mattresses – both are products of worth. These mattresses are best among all the mattresses – available in the market! We will give you an advanced comparison between these two mattresses with basic knowledge of price, comfort and durability before doing a final selection.
Comparison between memory foam mattress and air chamber mattress
Memory foam mattress – Introduction
- Memory foam mattress is actually a viscous elastic material.
- Memory foam mattresses have properties like; pressure resistant, turning and tossing resistant and are moveable in nature.
- Memory foam mattresses are heat regulators. They absorb the heat and alleviate your body pressure.
- Memory foam mattresses are intended to give you best alignment and comfort.
- Memory foam mattresses are hypo – allergic in nature.
Air-chamber mattress – Introduction
- These mattresses look like simple mattresses but contain one or more air chambers.
- Theses chambers can be filled or emptied, as desired.
- These air chambers are an estimation of density and firmness. More the air in chambers, firmer the mattress while lesser the air, softer the mattress is.
Working – How do memory foam mattress and air chamber mattress work?
Memory foam mattress
Memory foam mattress is viscous and elastic in nature. This material consists of many cells, each cell consisting of many air balloons. When you sit or sleep on such type of foams, air moves from one cell to the other, resulting in relieving of pressure and stress from your body. Moreover, your mattress returns to its original shape and structure after some time– it means your memory foam mattress is a mini recycler in it.
Air chamber mattress
These mattresses have totally different function and system. These mattresses consist of some holes and valves (in other words – consist of air chambers). These air chambers can be filled or emptied as desired. When you sit on or sleep on mattress, you feel a bouncy effect that gives a pleasant feeling and support, due to these air chambers.
Methods to inflate air foam mattresses
- Pumping through air pumps or tire pump
- Inflations through hair dryer
- Inflate through breathe if all else fails (not recommended)
Durability and life span
- Memory foam mattresses have average life span of 3-5 years. The durability is based on the thickness and density of these foams. Higher the density, better the quality is, as well as longer life span of foam will be there.
- Air chamber mattress is different somehow. There are many parts of these mattresses like upper layers, chambers and valves etc which may need replacement throughout the life span.
Both memory foam mattress and air adjustable mattress are meant to enhance support and comfort to the users. The difference lies on the services provided. I.e. memory foam serves resistant to tossing and turning and alleviates pressure while air mattresses provide bouncy and excel to provide a cooler place to sleep on!