After you have bought a mattress topper there are a few tips that will help you to stretch the life of the product. Nothing can beat the pain of buying a new mattress topper within a year’s time. Might as well use the present one properly!
1. You must remove the mattress topper from the mattress and place it some it somewhere that has good ventilation. Outdoors will work fine too.
2. You can manually clean the mattress topper. You can use the hose that is attached to the vacuum cleaners. The sticky particles can be removed by hand.
3. If there are stains on the topper, you can clean it using a mixture of water and detergent. A cloth made of cotton can be used to scrub it. Do it as gently as possible.
4. The mattress topper can be water proof and this feature will save you from a lot of hassle. It will prevent the penetration of liquid on to the mattress and will thus be low maintenance.
5. Read the maintenance manual. The manuals have a lot of information on how is it supposed to be cleaned.
6. You can take care of your mattress topper with a removable cover. Even if it does not come with the topper, you can order one and save yourself the added labor
7. You can further use a bed sheet to protect your mattress topper. The bed sheets should be washed and cleaned as frequently as possible. This will prevent prolonged odor and further infections. Deodorize it too so that it smells well.
Thanks for reading!